SatADSL is an Internet access service provider providing innovative satellite services worldwide(www.satadsl.net). SatADSL is a small multicultural company growing fast in a very competitive environment. SatADSL operates a Cloud-based Service Delivery Platform (C-SDP) connected to multiple satellite teleports worldwide via a network of continental PoPs (Brussels, Singapore, Orlando).
SatADSL is looking for a Technical Project Manager, based in Brussels, in charge of technical project and service/product management and follow up.
The Technical Project Manager will be part of the SatADSL Research and Development Department and in particular of the Product Management team. The Technical Project Manager will also interface with the Software Development Team for all matters related to software products development and to the SatADSL Customer Support Team ensuring that the developed services/products are ready for the commercial deployment and, on the other hand, that issues reported by the customer support team are escalated, analysed, followed up and resolved.
We are looking for a technically curious individual who is also a quick learner interested to learn about satellite telecommunications and that beyond project and product management capabilities also has commercial and administrative understanding.
The main tasks include:
- Collection, analysis, refinement, and formalization of user requirements
- Definition of use cases and associated test cases, starting from consolidated user requirements
- Contribution to service/product/system architectural design
- Specification of system, components and sub-components requirements, based on the defined use cases and test cases and architectural design
- Documentation of the analysis and design activities described above according to standards as set by the customer (e.g. European Space Agency, European Commission, commercial customers, etc.)
- Follow up of the service/product development
- Contribution to integration testing
- Service/product verification and acceptance
- Support commercial department in specific cases when project and product management competencies are required for setting up specific customers configurations or proof-of-concepts
- Provide technical training and assistance to SatADSL Technical Support team when new features/ tools go in production to allow Technical Support to fulfil their mission.
The Technical Project Manager will be reporting to the Head of Product Management.
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Project/product management certification is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Project Management techniques and tools
- Good knowledge of Test Management technologies and tools
IT and Software
- Knowledge of Software Development and Software Architectures
- Knowledge of System Architecture development tools such as Enterprise Architect
- System Modelling using UML and SysML
- A basic knowledge of Cybersecurity technologies and frameworks is an advantage.
- Between 3 and 5 years of professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Satellite communication is a clear asset.
- Very well organised and handling precisely and rapidly, able to work under tight deadlines
- Good communications skills both in writing and orally
- Analytical and problem solving oriented.
- Able to work in a small multi-cultural team, Team player.
- Excellent English including writing skills for reporting/documentation.
- French and other languages are an asset.
- Challenging job in a dynamic hi-tech company
- Additional advantages in the form of Laptop, lunch vouchers, birthday vouchers, New year vouchers, Eco vouchers, Pension plan…
The job position is to be based in Brussels, Belgium, but travels worldwide are also required.
Permanent – 38h/week basis – 20 days of holidays + 10 official holidays, or consultancy based on 200/220 days per year.