SatADSL is an Internet access service provider providing innovative satellite services worldwide(www.satadsl.net). SatADSL is a small multicultural company growing fast in a very competitive environment. SatADSL operates a Cloud-based Service Delivery Platform(C-SDP) connected to multiple satellite teleports worldwide via a network of continental PoPs (Brussels, Singapore, Orlando).
SatADSL is looking for a PHP Developer, based in Brussels, in charge of development, configuration and testing of software components belonging to the SatADSL Service Delivery Platform.
The PHP Developer will be part of the SatADSL Development Team. The PHP Developer will also interface with the SatADSL Customer Support Team ensuring that the developed functionalities are ready for the production environment and, on the other hand, that issues reported by the customer support team are escalated, analyzed, followed up and resolved.
We are looking for a technically curious individual who is also a quick learner interested to learn about satellite telecommunications and that beyond software development capabilities also has at least basic knowledge of IP networking and protocols.
The main tasks include:
- Development of software components to be integrated in the SatADSL Service Delivery Platform in cooperation with the SatADSL Software Development Team
- Testing of new developed software functionalities to ensure they are ready to go in production
- Follow up of Customer Support issues to ensure their resolution within an acceptable time frame
- Document software development sand maintain such documentation
- Provide second level support to customers through engagement via the SatADSL Technical Support in case of issues beyond the competence and control of SatADSL Technical Support.
- Support commercial department in specific cases when software development competences are required for setting up specific customers configurations or proof-of-concepts
- Provide technical training and assistance to SatADSL Technical Support team when new features/ tools go in production to allow Technical Support to fulfil their mission.
The PHP Developer will be reporting to the SatADSL IT Manager.
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent
- IP Networking certifications(e.g. CCNA) is an advantage
IT and Software
- Excellent knowledge of PHP.
- Knowledge of SOA, Web Services and SOAP/REST APIs.
- A good knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Some experience with MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Basic knowledge of IP networking protocols (preferable CCNA)
- Knowledge of Linux environment(Debian, GIT, PHP, LAMP)
- Between 2 and 3 years of professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Satellite communication is a clear asset.
- Very well organised and handling precisely and rapidly, able to work under tight deadlines
- Good communications skills both in writing and orally
- Analytical and problem solving oriented.
- Able to work in a small multi-cultural team, Team player.
- Excellent English including writing skills for reporting/documentation.
- French and other languages are an asset.
- Challenging job in a dynamic hi-tech company
- Additional advantages in the form of Laptop, lunch vouchers, birthday vouchers, New year vouchers, Eco vouchers, Pension plan…
The job position is to be based in Brussels, Belgium, but travels worldwide are also required.
Permanent – 38h/week basis – 20 days of holidays + 10 official holidays.